Postal Service Love Flourishes Forever Stamp Issuing Ceremony
Thursday, January 18, 2018
10:00am - 11:30am
Phoenix Convention Center, Ballroom North 120B
The U.S. Postal Service celebrates love of all kinds with the Love Flourishes Forever stamp. The event is free and open to the public. Please share the news using the hashtag #LoveFlourishes.
The Love Flourishes stamp art features a fanciful garden of colorful flowers surrounding the word “Love” written in cursive script. Hand-painted with opaque watercolors on paper by artist Anna Bond, the original art is whimsical and vibrant, at once retro and timeless. The flower garden includes stylized roses, peonies, and dahlias in pink, coral, and yellow, with pale blue-green berries and gold fronds and leaves. The word “Forever” appears in the lower right-hand corner of the stamp, and “USA” is on the lower left. Art director Greg Breeding designed the stamp using Bond’s original art.
- Master of Ceremonies: Michael S. Flores, Marketing Manager, Arizona District United States Postal Service®
- Color Guard: Arizona Department of Emergency & Military Affairs Honor Guard
- National Anthem: Monica A. Zamora, Complaints & Inquiry Clerk, United States Postal Service
- Welcome: Mark Hill, President & Chief Executive Officer, Association For Creative Industries
- Official Stamp Dedication: Maura McDevitt, Vice President, Controller United States Postal Service
- Closing Remarks: Anna Bond, Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Rifle Paper Co.